The Best Chocolate Cake
My ultimate test of becoming a homemaker is baking a dreamy chocolate cake. You see, I love a fudgy and creamy chocolate cake, the kind of cake that my mother used to make, using a recipe from my grandmother.
Unfortunately, the first time I tried it, it came out burnt. The second time, the cake did not rise. The third time, it was quite dry. But you see, I have always believed in the adage that good things come to those who wait. And this is the reason why I have tried again and again to perfect my mother and grandmother’s chocolate cake recipe. And my little boy is now raving about it and always asks me to bake a cake for him. That’s how I know that I have succeed. Kids can tell, right?
Anyway, here is my recipe for that dreamy, absolutely fudgy, mouthwateringly delicious chocolate cake:
- It is important to pre-heat your oven to at least 350 degrees Fahrenheit. While that is ongoing, you gave to grease your pans then set it aside. In a mixer, you need to combine your sugar, flour, baking powder and soda. Add in a bit of salt then mix thoroughly.
- You will need to put in eggs, buttermilk, oil, vanilla and coffee. The coffee is for that wonderfully fudgy taste.
- You need to pour the batter onto the pans. Then you need to pop these into the oven and cook for 25-40 minutes. You need to check if the cake is cooked by inserting a toothpick into the pan. When it comes out clean, then the cake is cooked.
- Let the pan and oven cool for a little bit. Take out the cake and then let it cool some more.
- You can now take it out and add your desired frosting.